Bovine Palpation – This competition is generously sponsored by Udder Tech, the American College of Theriogenologists and the Society for Theriogenology.
- Yes! We will be hosting the Bovine Palpation Competition. It will look a little bit different this year, but we are working hard on transitioning this into an online format, and are looking forward to making this a fun event. The exam portion of the competition will still be taking place as in previous years, but will be conducted in an online format.
- One team per institution will be allowed, with 4 members per team. No individual entries will be permitted this year, only team entries.
- Use this Registration Form to register your institution’s team for Bovine Palpation. The team leader should fill out the form once, for the entire team.
- The final day to register is February 19, 2021.
Dog n’ Jog
- This year Kansas State is excited to host the 26th annual Dog n’Jog! Every year, K-state students and alumni come together to participate in a 5K and 10K to fundraise for KSDS. KSDS Assistance Dogs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides service, guide, and facility dogs to individuals in need.
- Their mission statement is: ”To provide professionally trained guide, service and facility dogs for people in need of a canine partner to enhance their independence, to fully function in society, and or to enrich their professional career responsibilities with the ongoing support of our trainers to ensure proficient working partnerships.” For more information or to make a direct donation, please visit http://www.ksds.org/.
- As a part of the 2021 SAVMA Symposium, we are excited to extend an invitation to all of our Symposium attendees to participate in the Dog n’ Jog virtually! Registration will be $10 to participate in this competition. Participants will be entered into a raffle to give away prizes to our 5K and 10K contestants. All of the proceeds from this year’s event will go towards benefitting KSDS. We would love to have you join us, so go out and enjoy a run with your favorite pup!
- You can use this link to register for the event.
- Find the Drip.vet booth in the expo hall. Download the document for details on the resume contest, and how to submit your resume!
- All resumes will receive feedback, and a grade.
- The TOP 3 Resumes will win a NEW GRAD TOOLKIT gift basket with books and resources to help you hit the ground running in practice.
- New Grad Toolkit value: Over $250
- All participants will receive the New Grad Toolkit resource list.
Passport & Scavenger Hunt
A competition hosted within the virtual venue. Attendees will win points for visiting various booths, performing different activities, and finding the game icon hidden in different rooms of the Virtual Venue. See the Game Room for details!
Prizes will be awarded on Monday, March 15th
Boehringer Ingelheim has partnered with the Counseling Services at Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine to provide information, tips, and accountability tools to boost your overall well being. During the SAVMA Symposium’s three days, we invite you to engage in simple and meaningful activities to preserve and potentially improve your personal functioning.
Check out the Wellness Challenge, found under the Games Room tab in the Virtual Venue! Fill out the challenge survey before Monday, March 15th for prizes!
Check out our Jeopardy game under the Games Room tab within the virtual venue. Jeopardy will close on Monday, March 15th, and prizes will be awarded to the highest scorers!